Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 7: Lewiston, ID to Coeur d'Alene, ID


Today was a "travel day"--we need to be in Libby, MT tomorrow, but today we had free to travel, sight-see, etc. We traveled from Lewiston to Coeur d'Alene, checked into a Days Inn, answered emails for a while, then headed out to see the beautiful sights around here. I've said before that this is one of America's best-kept secrets. It is really beautiful here--a lake surrounded by pine-covered mountains. On our drive around the lake, we stopped and hiked a while on a couple of trails through the pines.

Here, I'll let Emilee put in a few words:

Hi This Is Emilee. I Went Hiking Today I Have blisters on my heels. We ate out at outback steakhouse tonight. I'm keeping up with my homework. I'm having fun with my mom and dad I really hate theese blisters on my heels but I Had my shoes on. I had to walk more but i had blisters on my heels It started to sting and hurt i wanted to cry but i didn't cry my mom gave me a bath with my blisters on my feet blog to you later love your student Emilee Casey

This is Susan. Poor Em did so well on the hike. Just had the wrong shoes on. So back to flip-flops in coolish weather! I finally got to check my email and have several "to do" things on my list! We found a good deal on a motel for tonight because we mentioned the price in the AAA book. The motel lady said she had to honor the price that was printed as a mistake! Great save. We stayed with a wonderful couple last night who made us feel very loved. More later! Susan

5 comments:

Rose Fish said...

Emilee, I'm soooooooooo sorry that you "I Have blisters on my heels.| It sounded like a wonderful, beautiful hike though. Wish we were with you. Enjoy.
Rose

Cheryl Chaney said...

FINALLY got the website address for you - geez -
Sorry I didn't get Phil's boxer's b-day present to him before you left. It'll give him something to look forward too (hehe)

Kiss kiss

CC

Chris and Aubri Casey said...

Hey Emilee you know what rhymes with blister?

SISTER

And you are my favorite one!

Chrissy Poo

Unknown said...

Dear You all - are you getting my comments? I really enjoyed the pictures and travel log reminded me of my time out west and trips to speak. Sounds great. Love and Miss you marilyn Tibbs

Unknown said...

That is so cool. My grandparents used to live near Coeur d'Alene. I remember visiting the Cataldo Mission/Old Mission State Park in that area as a young child. Very cool blog
Jonathan Moreland