Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 11: Boise, ID

Today I spoke at Boise Bible College for their chapel service. My old Ozark classmate Terry Stine is now president of the college. He had written to request that I speak at chapel as soon as he found out I was going to be doing the NWSOM. He had to be out of town, but we were well received and taken care of by Student Dean Neil Kluckow (from Zimbabwe!) and Carol Stine and Joyce Anderson. I was surprised to see Chuck McCoy, a teaching colleague from my Nebraska Christiain College days, now in his first year on faculty at Boise. The student body was very respectful and attentive. We moved the display from the chapel to the gym/cafeteria after chapel, where special tables were set up for students to sit with us during lunch. I visited with several there, including Jake, the cook, who prayed over me.

We took advantage of some spare time this afternoon to get the van's oil changed and pick up some groceries and other necessities. This evening, we spoke at Capitol City Christian Church in Boise, where Gary Anderson ministers. We were ten in all, but the people were kind and responsive to the presentation. When I came to the PowerPoint slide with John 3:16 in Chinese, Gary read it! Never in my 15 years has that happened!

No comments: